What Personal Identity Enemies Are Holding You Back?
The strongest entrepreneurs in the world learn not to operate out of their struggling identity. I learned this through experiences of my own. It’s great to be a gunslinger and ready to take on a risk to make a venture successful, but how often are we doing it by the expense of others?
There is simply no way I could have played a part in building such successful businesses without seeking to maximize the maturity of my overall identity. Our identities are made up of many things including influences, bias, beliefs and core values. Picture yourself as a large fountain in the center of the park. If our identity is mature and strong then our water is clear and available for a positive outflow all around us. However, if the enemies of identity are attacking us then the water is muddy, unclear, and virtually impossible to flow out to anyone with any real lasting quality. Sure, we may be able to fill ourselves and people around us but it will only last for a short time. There are 7 enemies that will cause us to struggle with our identity.
What are the 7 Enemies of Identity?
- The first enemy is the absence of a clear and defined PURPOSE.
- Many times your identity is attacked when you do not have the ability to truly feel SIGNIFICANT.
- Another enemy, which is incredibly powerful, is the lack of MEANING.
- When our SECURITY is being attacked our identity is being attacked.
- We must all be truly AUTHENTIC in order to have a strong identity.
- Once a CONNECTION is broken or not even there, we feel truly alone.
- The final enemy is the lack of quality AFFIRMATION that speaks to what we value most in life.
Since we judge ourselves by our intent and others judge us by our actions, it’s important to deep dive and work on each of the “7 Enemies of Identity”. I learned that the maturity of my overall personal Identity directly affected more than the quality of my leadership. It also affected the quality of the doors that opened for me in my advancements, both in my professional life and personal life.
You do not want to miss our next blog that will be coming out tomorrow. We will taking that deep dive into the first four enemies that enjoy attacking our identity.
In Your Service,