Many times in life we struggle to make it to peace with God through Jesus. We then begin to be blessed first in our spirit and second in the physical world. Relationships begin to be blessed; smiles are enjoyed, and foundations begin to be built, and for a time life is stronger than it has been in a long while.
Shortly after we realize that many of our old ways, now have to be replaced with new ways. The things we believed that once brought us a sense of false happiness are raised back up in our lives. It is the trickery of the evil one; sometimes it’s quick text from an old flame to a messaging from old friends who are not on the same path. All promise one thing, and that is fulfillment away from God’s purpose and plan for our lives.
Learning to grow in Christ is just as important as the repentance through Him. Jesus said, anyone who follows me must keep my commandments. Learning to keep the commandments are the key defining attributes or fruits if you will of knowing him, loving him, and loving oneself.
The tension point it is often the largest struggle as believers that are made because it requires us to one recognize temptations, turn away from them and lean on Him. The reason it is so difficult is because of the way we still crave much of what we once had. We crave the parties, the toxic relationships, the false sense of freedom that we once think we had. “It’s all a lie!”
47″And that slave who knew his master’s will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, will receive many lashes, 48but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.
Jesus requires that we lean into him and away from the world. We can “UNDO” what has been done. I don’t mean a loss of salvation but from the blessings that resulted from the once on fire belief in Jesus and all He stands for. A life in Christ is not an easy one, it never has been, it requires a constant dying to self and becoming more selfless. Selflessness takes intention, focus, and a heartfelt desire. I have had to deny myself people, places and things in whom I love, enjoy and even still pray for to this day, because they were not for Him, Denied Him, and sought to bring me back into that world.
What if you consistency is the very thing that one day leads them to Christ?
One of those very same friends just came to Christ because of nothing less than living consistently in Christ. He finally said I want what you have; I want that joy, that love, and that feeling of completeness, how do I get it? The answer was simple “Jesus”.
The devil himself does not give up on leading another astray. The further he can pull us from Jesus the further he can once again isolate us, and pull us back into darkness, the only difference is Jesus comes for all His sheep. It is why there is always a constant struggle between the world and Jesus. Jesus has our souls wrapped up, and once you believe in Him your soul is taken care of, but it does not change the repercussions of our departure towards the world. It is the very reason Jesus warned of our false prophets, wicked ways, and the lust of the flesh.
“UnDone” is the other side of the principle of Seed, Sow, and Harvest. “Being UnDone” are taking steps back towards evil even though you have been saved and ordained. It is so devastating because many times, the Holy Spirit warns of destruction ahead and driving off the cliff and many times we push down the gas peddle. It is how adultery happens, addictions continue, guilt is built, and destruction occurs. It is why a family can seem perfect in one year and shambles the next. Protecting the family, businesses and our hearts is everyone’s responsibility.
I once was lost but know I am found Saul/Paul said. It is a powerful statement because it reminds us of how darkness, can cloud our view, perspective, and understanding all the way to utter darkness. The only thing that normally happens during the Principle of being Undone is a full and utter repentance a destruction of Pride and a removal of the false sense of having it all under control.
How can I protect myself from being “UnDone” and losing favor in my life even temporarily?
- Remember where Jesus has brought you from as He takes you to what he has for you. For me, it was from a place of virtual homelessness, for others it could have been physical, emotional or even financial ruin. He will remove anything you put in front him to get to you, much like a Shepard moves a stone to open a door, even though the sheep enjoys scratching itself on the stone.
- Value, you what you have been given. Take a moment to look around and see that God has provided, give thanks. When you are aware of the blessing, you will be reminded not to put it into jeopardy because of selfishness.
- Know what’s really at stake: satan wants your spouse, your children, and your testimony if he can break any of them, he gains ground. Go to war against evil and for Jesus! (satan is lower case intentionally)
- Avoid tempting situations based on your past forces of Habits: Don’t put yourself in potential situations no matter how innocent they appear on the surface. Evil always comes in as a wolf in sheep clothing. Always expect that the attacks will come when your guard is down, through the softness of the sheep’s batting eyes, and smooth cuddling.
- Know that letting go is a necessary process: The most difficult part for me was this step and even now, I am learning that just when I think I have let it all go, Christ reveals my next step in trusting Him and letting go. Let go of the world and cling on to Him, find your joy in Him and by Him. Every time I let go of what was for what is I am comforted in my decision by the blessing I found on the other side.
- Know that the Tug of War is preparing you for what is and requires eliminating much of what was. The tug of war is natural. Leaning toward or away from Jesus is a choice that he allows us to make, He shows us the miracles signs and wonders to make it easier but ultimately being “Undone” comes down to choosing him or the world. Yes, the world will not understand Him, until they are called by Him, and you just may be that devices he is using to call them. Be careful, focus and do your best not to stumble.
I once struggled greatly with my next steps in life. I didn’t want to let go of past, people, places and things not realizing they were the things that were holding me back from the best years of my life. The harder I cling to them the more painful letting go was, once I let go the joy increased and the temptations themselves decreased. Let go, in Jesus name, seek to follow Him and Him only, learn to be what my friend calls “sold out.”.
The Journey Principles book offers a practical life-changing approach to healing, awareness, and restoral through your own personal journey.
In your Service