Liz Rooney | Stephen Scoggins
Episode 037 of The Journey Principles Podcast
It’s great to spend some more time with you JP Family! Today we have an amazing Brain Warrior, Liz Rooney, with us! The adversities she has overcome is truly remarkable. After several, too many to count really, misdiagnoses she finally got an answer; Liz found out she had a traumatic brain injury. Throughout her life she has suffered multiple brain injuries, including over seven vehicle accidents by the time she was only 25 years old. Many of these injuries were misdiagnosed because the doctors simply didn’t know what to look for.
Hope was the only thing that kept her going. Liz has recently founded an organization called Hope Unfading. Her website is a resource site for anyone who is struggling with a brain injury of any type. She is giving her followers raw, real information that can lead them to true healing.
In today’s podcast you will learn more about the following:
* Brain Warriors
* How Liz takes on the warrior fight every day – Jesus!
* 2 things that will cause new growth in our brains.
* Hope Unfading
* 3 steps for someone who is struggling with a brain injury of any kind.
* “It’s one thing to have to walk through hell. But it’s another thing to have someone else voluntarily walk through hell with you.”
This episode with Liz Rooney is packed full of wisdom and encouragement for anyone who is struggling. You don’t want to miss it!
To find out more information on Liz and Hope Unfading, visit her website at www.hopeunfading.com. It is a great resource for fellow brain warriors to find information and personal testimonies to help them on their journey.
Thank you for spending some time with us. Please continue to follow us at www.journeyprinciples.com as well as Facebook and Twitter. As always we look forward to spending more time with you on the next Journey Principles!
- You can use your mind to heal your brain. – @HopeUnfading
- I knew if I didn’t put on my armor every day, physically, mentally, spiritually, I wasn’t going to make it. – @HopeUnfading
- There are two things we can do that actually cause new growth in our brain and that is prayer and praise! – @HopeUnfading
- You can have nothing but hope and still survive. – @HopeUnfading
- Keep that light burning for other people. – @HopeUnfading
- There are so many things that I have learned that I have been able to use for people. – @HopeUnfading
- Illness is not always a lack of faith. It’s something that happened to you that you are overcoming and there is a healing process, and that is okay. – @HopeUnfading
- We wouldn’t walk up to someone with a broken arm and ask “Where’s your faith?!” – @HopeUnfading
- Place my value into who I am and whose I am and not in what I can do. – @HopeUnfading
- Understand that you have free will to choose to have faith and to choose to not be a victim. – @HopeUnfading
- Choose to strengthen your spirit. – @HopeUnfading
- Physically walk it out. Don’t give up! – @HopeUnfading
To learn more about Liz Rooney, Click Here and to stay connected with her, Like her on Facebook , Follow her on Twitter , Follow her on Instagram , and Follow her on Pinterest ! Interested in watching Hope Unfading videos, Click Here !
The Journey Principles Podcast is a weekly show that Stephen Scoggins, the founder of the Journey Principles Institute, hosts every Monday and Thursday! This show focuses on inspirational guests, helpful content, and free resources to help you and those you love overcome various adversities standing in your way. We are faith-based, but do not discriminate or participate in divisive matters. We feel our best tool is the helpful and compassionate style of sharing others’ stories to help our listeners take steps of action today. We tackle tough obstacles like fear, sorrow, despair, depression, addiction, low self-worth, overcoming conflict, and more. Our goal is to make each show better than the one before it and share real ways to get real help with your life. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review! This will help put our show in front of those who need help overcoming the adversities in their life.