The 4 Braveheart Man Securities
1. Warrior – (Physical Security) – Each man that enters into being a husband must handle protecting his home. We are to protect the physical safety of the home; this includes warding off tempting women in person or through a computer image. We must see this threat as not just an intruder at our door, but an intruder to our home as well. Satan is after our family. How do we respond? A man with a gun is just as dangerous as a woman telling us that pleasure and happiness are with her.
2. Father / Husband– (Emotional Security) – Each man is to protect the emotional well being of his family. This increases their belief in the family, and illustrates what true love is. The Bible states that love is patient, kind, not self-seeking, not boastful and always gives hope to the family. Anything that detracts from the emotional well-being of the family and especially the children’s future belief in marriage can devastate an entire lineage of future children who bear the father’s name.
3. Shepherd – (Spiritual Security) – Spiritual security is one of the greatest things you can provide for your family. Being absent from the house does not mean the absence of responsibility. God knows you will doubt yourself from time to time, but if you study His ways, you will begin to illustrate His truths. It will help bring healing and direction for your family.
4. Provider – (Financial Security) – Yes, this is the one we tie all our hopes, dreams and expectations to. Being the provider of the home is only part of our role, but not the sole role. In fact, if you do the other three well, God will often do the fourth one for you, allowing peace to be in His provision.
- Men…These 4 Securities make up the “Braveheart List” for our lives and will cause us to become a man that our family can respect, admire and praise. Our calling is first to our home, and then to the world. Anything less is a failure on our part. The best thing is now that you know these truths, if you are aware that you are not doing some of them well, the problem and solution have one thing in common…and that is YOU! Be the change you want to see in your home.
- Women…Before you say, “hallelujah”, take a moment and realize that your husband needs support. He needs peace in the home, and he needs to know you support and encourage him to grow. If this is the first time your husband has ever been shown the 4 Securities, then he will need time to process them and take action. If you condemn your husband as he is trying to grow, then it’s the same as being bullied in school. When I was in school, I avoided the bully whenever I could!
The reason I share these 4 Securities with you is to help prevent the destruction of divorce, which is very difficult to undo once done. We as families will be held accountable for these actions in this life and the next. Through Jesus, there is forgiveness, healing, and grace. He can teach you how to apply each security to your home.
Men…Here are some questions I ask myself every day to intentionally focus on my responsibilities as a husband:
- Who or what have I let into my home or city gates?
- Does my family feel, know, and experience love from me each day?
- Do I lead my home, and who is leading me… Jesus or the world? Whoever is leading you is at the heart of whoever is truly leading your family.
- Do I focus on my family’s needs or simply try and focus on our personal wants?
- Who must I become and what must I learn to provide true security for my family?
Remember, the Evil One is after your children and family. Our focus should not be on “us”, but the legacy we leave behind!
Women…Ask yourself the following questions with your husband as the focal point:
1. Who or what have I let into my home or city gates?
2. Does my husband feel, know and experience love from me each day?
3. Have I made him feel admired and respected?
4. Do I inspire my husband to lead us toward Jesus or the world?
5. Do I focus on his lack of security as a leader or do I focus on inspiring him to lead our home?
6. How shiny is your husband’s armor? Men with shiny armor should have no need to visit the tinsmith for a new suit!
Men and Women…Please don’t be deceived into thinking that reinforcement of your personal self-esteem will bring you long-term happiness. True contentment and joy will only come from dedication to Jesus, each other and growing in these securities together with absolute intentionality.
In Your service